Ekta Chess Board Game
Introduce Your Child to the Ekta Chess Board of Strategy Chess is an age-old board game that can be played between two players. This Ekta chess set is designed for kids aged seven years and up. The set comes with 32 chess pieces, 16 each of white and black. It is a two-player board game that enhances your kid’s thinking, strategically and analytically.
Introducing children to activities like this develops their logical thinking too. The set comes in a box that ensures the pieces do not get lost and the board stays in shape too. Convenient to Play Even in a Small Space. This is a foldable chess set that can be carried along while traveling.
Thus, you can take it anywhere you go and play during your leisure time. The aim of the game is to defeat the opponent’s king. Each piece in the set has a different strategic move. With these well-finished chess pieces, you will feel the battlefield coming alive on your chess board.
Get the Ekta chess board, put your thinking cap on, and spend some quality time with your kids playing this traditional game.
A chessboard is a square board with an 8×8 grid, which forms the playing surface for the game of chess. Chess is a two-player strategy board game that is played on a 64-square grid. The chessboard is an essential component of the game, and it consists of alternating light and dark squares.
Here are some key features of a standard chessboard:
- 8×8 Grid: The chessboard consists of 64 squares arranged in an 8×8 grid. Each player has 32 pieces, including 16 pieces of the same color (usually white or black).
- Alternate Colors: The squares on the chessboard alternate between light and dark colors. This arrangement helps players distinguish between different pieces and plan their moves.
- Coordinates: Chessboards often have alphanumeric coordinates to help players identify specific squares. Files (columns) are labeled with letters “a” to “h” from left to right, and ranks (rows) are numbered from “1” to “8” from bottom to top.
- Set-Up: At the start of the game, each player arranges their pieces on the two rows closest to them, with pawns in the front row and other pieces (rooks, knights, bishops, queen, and king) in the back row.
- Standard Dimensions: The standard size for a tournament chessboard square is approximately 2.25 inches (57 mm) on each side. However, various sizes and materials are available for casual and decorative use.